Established in 1957, Meratus Line was the first Indonesian shipping company to operate dedicated container liner service in 1990. Meratus is an integrated Indonesian shipping company providing point-to-point and network transportation solutions. Operating a network of liner services connecting major ports in Indonesia and supported by owned offices throughout Indonesia, Meratus places strong emphasis on safety, quality and customer focus. Currently Meratus has grown into the following sectors : Containers, Charter, Dry Bulk, Terminals, Logistics and LNG (JV).
- 1957 : 17 Oct - PT Indonesian Shipping established by Bapak Hen Menaro. Operated MV Paliat 616 DWT for service Surabaya-Banjarmasin.
- 1971 : PT Indonesian Shipping changed name to PT Pelayaran Nusantara Meratus. Owned and operated 7 vessels.
- 1981 : Mr. Charles Menaro as President Director
- 1987 : Established MIF freight forwarding subsidiary
- 1988 : PT Pelayaran Nusantara Meratus changed name to PT Pelayaran Meratus
- 1990 : The first domestic shipping company in Indonesia to operate container liner service
- 2005 : Established Meratus Advanced Maritim, expand its business to Coal transport service (bargin & transshipment). Established MSA Terminal in Jakarta
- 2006 : PT Pelayaran Meratus changed name to PT Meratus Line, and also with new "M-Star" logo. Owned and operated 26 vessels.
- 2008 : Established NPTI Terminal in Surabaya. Also expanded business to Oil and Gas Service by signing Joint Venture with K-Line
- 2010 : Joint venture with Wintermar in the offshore market.
- 2016 : New Meratus Group President Director & CEO - Charles Vincent.